OTR @ 154.ca Forum Index OTR @ 154.ca
Old Time Radio :: Downloads

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

324 ... inactive members
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OTR @ 154.ca Forum Index -> News and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DebA
Orchestra Leader

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm still pretty much a newbie to this group and as such my opinion probably doesn't weigh in a lot but here it is:
I joined some time ago and almost a year passed before I got past the 2 post limit.
What helped me become a visible member and overcome the shyness of posting was the "open door" and "friendly" policy of the board. There was no pressure. Not even pressure to say "thanks".
I still feel like I'm "on probation" with the group but it's been one of the friendliest and most helpful "probation" periods I've experienced with a group.
I hope that what made this what I think is the best otr board going isn't lost in the process of deciding what's good to do for the group.

My humble opinion for what it's worth.

Deb
For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to... The Outer Limits
roadcone
This Space For Hire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DebA wrote:
I know I'm still pretty much a newbie to this group and as such my opinion probably doesn't weigh in a lot ...
Deb

Deb,

Someone with 2.14 posts is a newbie - someone with 214 posts is well established Laughing and no, you are not sill on probation. You passed that - did you not get a letter:lol: Laughing

And anyway, even if you had only 2.14 posts your opinion would be just as valuable.
Phineus
Vic and Sadist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roadcone wrote:
your opinion would be just as valuable.

Yes, and speaking of which . . .

DebA wrote:
I hope that what made this what I think is the best otr board going isn't lost in the process

That's exactly what we've been talking about. It would be easy to just wipe out all the zero posters and say end of topic. Instead, we give early distant warning so everybody knows what is taking place, and we mull it over and over until we're sure we're doing the right things in the right ways. Hence the two post limitation. Without that, and several other safeguards, this couldn't be what it is. Of course, nothing is perfect, but we at least try to minimize the problems.
dawn5651
Orchestra Leader

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats true phineus but i am glad that deb showed me my way to this board.
rrrhre2s
Radio Star
Radio Star

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't post much, with my vision problems and "drip Internet" or dial-up, my enjoyment of the net is very limited.

I found out about this forum on ZOOTRADIO and joined almost immediately have enjoyed my time here.

Thanks !!

rrrhre2s

Smile
Dilly1
Studio Audience

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Posting Reply with quote

I know I don't post very often, but I have just recently had open heart surgery and this is the first place I head for when my nurse lets me use the computer, everyone here is so friendly. I just want to thank everyone for being so helpful and kind.

Elaine Very Happy
sailor
Radio Star
Radio Star

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elaine, just get better.

Ray
radar696
Dog catcher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: Posting Reply with quote

Dilly1 wrote:
I know I don't post very often, but I have just recently had open heart surgery and this is the first place I head for when my nurse lets me use the computer, everyone here is so friendly. I just want to thank everyone for being so helpful and kind.
Elaine Very Happy

I remember reading some of your first posts and I could tell you were scared.

I'm hoping that you aren't still scared! You can always ask a question about pretty much anything. There is bound to be someone here that can help you answer it!

So here you are now recovering from surgery. Well please take your time and get well.

Just drop in once in a while and let us know that you are doing alright.

My mom just had triple bypass surgery last summer. She is 72 now and her doctor told her that he hopes to be anywhere near as healthy as she is at that age. He is amazed at how fast she recovered from her operation! All my mom can think about is come spring she can get out and start walking again. She wasn't able to walk for quite a few years but thought it was just age catching up to her!

Radar Cool Cool

It's bigger on the inside.
MRough
Announcer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not "not posting", I've just been incredibly busy listening to all my shows from last year. Plus, there've been a couple deaths in the family, and one rather intense illness. I thing it's over for a while. . . hopefully. I've missed this place. Oh, and I like the new room. It's like the old, only. . . hmmm, homier (is that a word?).

Mark
radar696
Dog catcher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MRough wrote:
I'm not "not posting", I've just been incredibly busy listening to all my shows from last year. Plus, there've been a couple deaths in the family, and one rather intense illness. I thing it's over for a while. . . hopefully. I've missed this place. Oh, and I like the new room. It's like the old, only. . . hmmm, homier (is that a word?).

Mark

Mark,

You take care and our prayers are with you and your family.

Visit when you can.

Radar Cool Cool

roadcone
This Space For Hire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of you will know I have a part-share in some file space and that it is password protected. I have received something like 60 requests for the password - almost all from posters I recognise. The few I did not prompted me to check out their posting level. Interestingly there have been no requests from zero/1/2 posters - everyone has posted into double figures and some appear in the top five (thank you radar - take you bow).

So, it makes me wonder about these 324 inactive posters. They may not post - they may just grab and run for the bushes - but I expected some of them to ask for login details, but not a one.

Maybe the lurker-level is not as high as was thought. Maybe these are made up of one-time visitors who decided this was not the place for them - or prople who stayed around but have moved on now. What will be interesting will be to compare the number once Phineus has removed the zero poster IDs with the number, say, three months later.

I saw names over at ZQQT which have not appeared here (unless they have different IDs of course) - I wonder where they are now?

Nothing really - just a piece of curiosity.
radar696
Dog catcher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Roadcone,

Here is one that has admitted to not having anything to say until now.
http://otrplus.com/viewtopic.php?p=61399&highlight=#61399

He now has a post count of 2.

More than enough to miss the cut!

Radar Cool Cool

roadcone
This Space For Hire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radar696 wrote:
Well Roadcone,

Here is one that has admitted to not having anything to say until now.
http://otrplus.com/viewtopic.php?p=61399&highlight=#61399

He now has a post count of 2.

More than enough to miss the cut!

Radar Cool Cool

And offering a big, fat, juicy Ayckbourn.
shipshape
Announcer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elaine I hope you get better soon, and our prayers are with you. Mark our prayers are with you and your family.
Dilly1
Studio Audience

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I want to thank everyone for all your kind words and thoughts. I went to the Dr. yesterday, and he took 3 pills away from me, so I am doing real well. Today I am going to rehab, they are pretty brutal, but I love it, the harder they work me the better I get. Take care everyone, and Thanks again.

Elaine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OTR @ 154.ca Forum Index -> News and Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: