OTR @ 154.ca Forum Index OTR @ 154.ca
Old Time Radio :: Downloads

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Planned downtime
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OTR @ 154.ca Forum Index -> News and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidB
Radio Dialer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't download the OTR! Reply with quote

vinceandlilly wrote:
When I try to listen to Jack Benny, it says that the connection was interrupted. Is anyone else having that problem.

I am suddenly having the same problem when I try to download Vic and Sade episodes.

I assume there is a server problem. Is there someone to notify about this?

David
innner_sanctum
Mayor

Location: Kadath, corner of Wistful Vista and Cypress Canyon, across from the Wig-Wam store, 1B3 X9Q

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest magnetic storm in 5 years just hit earth on Saturday or Friday or something. That might be the reason, or else the ceaseless hack war. I think there's even a hacker convention on in Las Vegas. That, or the ceaseless SNAFU that is the internet.
vinceandlilly
Radio Dialer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thanks! Yes. I am indeed trying to download the episodes from the OTRPerk site. The other serieses hosted at OTRPerk download fine, but the Jack Benny refuses to work! If the site had a contact us link, I would have just emailed whoever runs the site, but I couldn't find one. Do you know someone who would be able to fix it?
lalelu
Guest Star

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosebud wrote:
I believe vinceandlilly is referring to the Jack Benny files located at OTRPerk (http://otrperk.com/jackbenny.cgi), Phineus' repository of awesomeness. I tootled over there, and indeed, can get none of the files to either download or play. I assume this means the files there have gone missing, or something to that effect, and that it's not a problem at vinceandlilly's end.

The download links on that site go to files that are hosted on "thesmallhousehalfwayupinthenextblock.com".

Checking the whois-records for that domain shows that its registration expired a couple of days ago:
Quote:

Creation date: 06 Aug 2006 19:40:03
Expiration date: 06 Aug 2011 19:40:00

Whoever owns that domain forgot (or didn't want) to renew it.
lalelu
Guest Star

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Thank you Reply with quote

vinceandlilly wrote:
Thanks! Yes. I am indeed trying to download the episodes from the OTRPerk site. The other serieses hosted at OTRPerk download fine, but the Jack Benny refuses to work!

It's because the series aren't actually hosted on otrperk, just linked from there.
After clicking on a few random shows on that site:
the difference is that it looks like the files of the other shows are hosted on "otrbox.com" instead of that expired site.
vinceandlilly
Radio Dialer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: You're a haaaaard man, McGee! Reply with quote

So both the Vic and Sade and Jack Benny episodes are gone?
bingster
Jolly Boy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our Phineus is the owner of that group of sites, and he's aware of the problem:

http://otrplus.com/viewtopic.php?p=220370#220370
Rosebud
Sea Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bingster wrote:
Our Phineus

Is that the same as Our Father, Who art et cetera? Razz
sailor
Radio Star
Radio Star

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosebud wrote:
bingster wrote:
Our Phineus

Is that the same as Our Father, Who art et cetera? Razz

No that means he is family and you can't divorce kin. Think of him as Wendy's brother in Peter Pan. He has lost his marbles. Laughing

Ray
Rosebud
Sea Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that, when it comes to the folks here, this may be one of the most marbles-less places in the known universeóno alleys, no aggies, no steelies, no nothin'. Wink
Phineus
Vic and Sadist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bingster wrote:
and he's aware of the problem

Um, you might want to rephrase that. This is a new one. I'll get on it right away.

Thanks, lalelu. That was supposed to be an auto renewal.
Phineus
Vic and Sadist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here's the story. The hosting company is relocating all their computers and servers from one city to another (I knew this but didn't pay it much attention). I "think" our problems are related to that move, which isn't as bad as it sounds because if my understanding is correct then we're ahead of schedule. I have sent a note to their support department to inquire if this is the case or have we gotten lost in the shuffle. Either way, they have been good to us so I'm optimistic these matters will be resolved in due course. Let's please be patient with them and I'm confident they'll do a good job for us.

Sorry for the inconvenience. But rest assured no files are lost or missing, and one way or the other, everything will be available again in the very near future.
DavidB
Radio Dialer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phineus wrote:
But rest assured no files are lost or missing, and one way or the other, everything will be available again in the very near future.

This is great news--thank you for letting us know and for all the work and care you have put into this.

David
Phineus
Vic and Sadist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our server host has acknowledged their error and jumped on the matter right away. We should be good to go all over again.

And a big thank you to everybody for the heads up on this. I don't visit the site and check every little detail every single day. There's usually no reason to, so if nobody speaks up, these problems can drag out for considerable lengths of time. Glad we got this one fairly quickly.
DavidB
Radio Dialer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phineus wrote:
Our server host has acknowledged their error and jumped on the matter right away. We should be good to go all over again.

And a big thank you to everybody for the heads up on this. I don't visit the site and check every little detail every single day. There's usually no reason to, so if nobody speaks up, these problems can drag out for considerable lengths of time. Glad we got this one fairly quickly.

By the way, I was just checking the download function and noticed that the first episode, "Decoration Day Parade," seems to be missing the last line of dialogue. (It ends with Vic saying, "Gonna put a piece in the newspaper" and Sade saying, "Yeah?" If I remember correctly, though, the punchline is Vic adding, "Meet at Mulberry Street at 10:00, line up and march out to the cemetery."

David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OTR @ 154.ca Forum Index -> News and Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: