OTR @ 154.ca Forum Index OTR @ 154.ca
Old Time Radio :: Downloads

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shared site uploads
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OTR @ 154.ca Forum Index -> News and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tennesseebill
Studio Audience

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how does one upload files to the shared folders?

i have a lot of great cbc shows and some bbc shows that i won't post on my website because i have copyright concerns about posting them without getting permission.

it looks like this site allows posting of the cbc and bbc shows... if you do, let me know and i'll upload quite a few cbc shows and a few bbc shows.
Lamont Cranston
Network Executive

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Shared Site and Uploader Reply with quote

Bill, here is the shared site URL and the one for the uploader below. A lot of use file storage accounts like Media Fire, 4shared, Sendspace, Rapidshare, and other places. All of those file storage services offer free accounts and it's really a personal preference as to which one you use. The shared site has an upload limit for number of files and for file size too. 60 mb is the highest for individual files. Charles.

http://154.ca/otr/shared/
http://154.ca/otr/upload.cgi
tennesseebill
Studio Audience

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks! i may post my cbc stuff here... and i do have a 'shared site' where i post a lot of stuff... about 300 gigs so far, so i probably won't need one of the other sites.

actually, if any members here have any complete series or close to complete, or anything less popular that they want to give wide distribution to, i can give them an ftp account for a directory on my site, http://TennesseeBillsOTR.com and they can upload it and i'll move it to the main download directory.

just drop me an email at bill@tennesseebill.com if anyone is interested.

tenneseebill
bingster
Jolly Boy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Shared Site and Uploader Reply with quote

Lamont Cranston wrote:
The shared site has an upload limit for number of files and for file size too. 60 mb is the highest for individual files.

The shared spot is really intended for the sharing of small numbers of files, which is why those restrictions are in place. For large quantities of files, there are a number of free filesharing services that we use, as Charles mentioned.
tennesseebill
Studio Audience

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks!

i only considered the shared space for stuff that i can't place on my website.

i have created an ftp account on my otr site for users otrplus members. when i move the files to my main otr download directory, i can keep them in directories with the uploader's names or nic's if they like so they can use it like a larger file repository that anyone has access to.

tennesseebill
radar696
Dog catcher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tennesseebill wrote:
how does one upload files to the shared folders?

i have a lot of great cbc shows and some bbc shows that i won't post on my website because i have copyright concerns about posting them without getting permission.

it looks like this site allows posting of the cbc and bbc shows... if you do, let me know and i'll upload quite a few cbc shows and a few bbc shows.

Bill,

If you search a little you will find all of the Saturday night shows that everyone collected together in order to offer a complete set. If you contact a couple of those folks I think they had a site set up to gather the collection.

If not at least they may have some suggestions as to where you could better place them to share.

Plus it would help if you looked at what they have already uploaded to share. They may have everything you have already.

The CBC stuff may be a little different I'm not sure.

Radar Cool Cool

It's bigger on the inside.
tennesseebill
Studio Audience

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks!

i'll put that on my list and i'll get to it eventually! i doubt that the cbc stuff is more than a few gigs, so unless someone requests them, they can wait a while
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OTR @ 154.ca Forum Index -> News and Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: