OTR @ 154.ca Forum Index OTR @ 154.ca
Old Time Radio :: Downloads

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tidiness within the Trading Post
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OTR @ 154.ca Forum Index -> News and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robin Flack
Mayor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BereanMan wrote:
I can also see the point about "abbreviating" our external links so as not to arouse anyone else's interests in what we are sharing. I have noticed on more than one occasion that a link to, say, mmm.rapidstink.mom/TheShadowS01E78.rar will get deleted from the server in a heartbeat whereas mmm.rapidstink.mom/TheShdwS01E78.rar will not.

I think using a file alias is a practical idea. The Shadow could be named "invisible detective" or some other descriptive title, which we all know here as code. It would only have to be used for a percentage of files and not all of them. Plus, the posting here will tell everyone what it is.

The question here is, who is going to write the OTRPlus cipher book?
Zen
Script Writer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BereanMan wrote:
I have seen in other forums where if a person wanted to add to their list of "offerings" they would go back to their original post and EDIT in the newest additions. The thread would not grow too long and with a "THANKS" button, responses could be held to a minimum of relevant comments. Just a thought. (By the way, would I get an email if someone just "edits" their original post?)

In situations where this happens, where an original poster had edited their original entry to add another episode, all they need to do is add a post to the end of the thread saying they've added the latest episode to the first post - that way you would get an email alert and (for those of us who don't use that system) the thread would show up on p1 as it has a new post.

Zen
fess64
Radio Star
Radio Star

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1234 testing.

Last edited by fess64 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phineus
Vic and Sadist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

> i am certain that this was just a friendly way to let a newbie know...

Actually, no. This is a general interest topic that comes up occassionally and bringing it up was just a note to help keep everybody on the same page. If it were only a single member, then a pm would suffice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OTR @ 154.ca Forum Index -> News and Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: